Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Celebrating Meals

Last Saturday, November 5 was Guy Fawkes Day.  It's also known as Bonfire Night or Fireworks Night.  What goes well with bonfires or fireworks?  Hot dogs, chips, potato salad, and lemonade.  So that's what we had for dinner.  Well, except for the lemonade.  We didn't realize we were out of lemonade colored flavored sugar water so we had grape colored instead.

I don't think I ate any of it.  Lucky and I weren't feeling very well that day.

Yesterday, November 8, was Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day.  We had spaghetti with garlic bread. 
Since it was also Bram Stoker's birthday, Jeremy took some pictures of bat boxes while he was out birding.

It was election day and it took less time voting than we were expecting.  We got an early start and took turns and still got done before the kids went to school.  I was expecting the whole day to be taken up with voting but I was okay that it wasn't.  So then we took turns birding.
I was still not feeling the best, but it was good to get out in the fresh air and at times just listen to birds.  I did a lot of sitting, but one of the times I was standing taking pictures of black-capped chickadees, one flew right at me and almost landed on me.  Unfortunately I was looking through the camera at the time so the fluttering by my hand and head completely surprised me and I flinched.  I think I surprised the chickadee, too.
I love birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment