Sunday, September 13, 2015

Not So Pretty to Look at But Pretty Yummy

Since September 13 is National Peanut Day and also International Chocolate Day, we always like to combine the two.
We've combined the holidays several different ways over the years.
In 2011, we had homemade peanut buster parfaits.
In 2012, we had peanut M&Ms.
In 2013, I had hot chocolate with peanut butter in it while the kids had chocolate chips and peanuts and we read a book about Reese's Pieces.
In 2014, we had peanut butter chocolate woo-woo.
This year, we went back to peanut buster parfaits with homemade hot fudge sauce and spanish peanuts with french vanilla ice cream.
I didn't get a chance to make the hot fudge sauce until today so I don't know if it cooled long enough in the refrigerator before I put it on the ice cream.
I wanted to get a picture in a glass container so it could be seen so I put it in a big glass mug.  It wasn't so pretty but it was yummy. 
O.K.  It actually is pretty cool looking, but not the look I was going for.
I gave the kids smaller dishes of the parfaits and Jeremy and I shared the big mug.
I LOVE finding reasons to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment