Friday, September 13, 2013

At Least I'm Not in the Hospital

Today, September 13, is Positive Thinking Day.  I have a cold.  That's not so great, but on the bright side, it's not that bad, which is a good thing since it's Friday the 13th (you never know).  Also thinking positively, chocolate is supposed to be good for a cough or something that that comes with a cold.  And since September 13 is also International Chocolate Day, I drank some hot chocolate.  And since September 13 is also National Peanut Day, I put some peanut butter in my hot chocolate.
Hey, there's something to this Positive Thinking Day.  After school the kids were helpful in getting snacks for themselves since I didn't feel up to it.  Nichole wanted something that would fit with today's holidays so she got herself a bag of chocolate chips and peanuts. 
She helped get her brothers some chocolate chips, too.  She's awesome.  All my children are awesome.  That's a very positive thing.
One other way we celebrated was I read Jr. Jr. a book about counting to 100 using Reese's Pieces.  That also fits in with chocolate and peanuts.  Jr. read the book earlier.
So I may have a cold but I can still celebrate and do some positive thinking.

1 comment: