Sunday, February 19, 2023

Cheddar and Almonds

I forgot to mention that between Superb Owl Sunday and Valentine's Day was National Cheddar Day on February 13.
I asked the kids what I should make with cheddar cheese. They wanted impossible cheeseburger pie. I figured I could do some rice as a side dish. Hmm. Cheddar Day. How about some cheese on the rice? I realized that reminded me of Hawaiian haystacks so I added some pineapple that was in the fridge. I almost got out chow mein noodles but didn't. I did get out lettuce for another side... and added cheddar cheese and salad dressing. Then I threw a piece of bread in there as well... with cheese on top.

Then after all our Valentine's fun, the kids and I celebrated National Almond Day on February 16 by watching the Studio C sketch, "West Side Snapping."

No comments:

Post a Comment