Thursday, February 16, 2023

Beauty and the Beast

Recently, Nichole and Jr. had the opportunity to be in a pit orchestra for the play, "Beauty and the Beast." The orchestra was made up of students from two high schools since the conductor was the orchestra teacher for both high schools and invited students from both to be in it.
It was wonderful. Everybody did such a good job- actors, orchestra, behind the scenes people. Jeremy took Lucky one night to watch it and I took Jr. Jr. one afternoon to watch it.
While Jr. Jr. and I had our bonding time, we had some good discussions.
 
Jr. Jr.: It shows Lumiere's candles wax melting and he has been a candelabra for many many years so this is him when the curse was first initiated.
I laughed so much. I love that kid.
 
I'm proud of Nichole and Jr. That is a lot of playing each night and twice on Saturday for most of a week (besides all the rehearsals) because besides accompaniment to the musical numbers (which there were a lot, more than I've heard in the movies), they also played background music (and overture, entr'acte, curtain call, exit music). It really added a lot having live music. I loved it and I'm glad Nichole and Jr. had that experience.
One of Nichole's friends gave her a rose and both she and Jr. were given candygrams as well. Note the silk rose in Jr.'s pocket. Something else he was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment