Saturday, February 4, 2023

Lunar New Year 2023

The Lunar New Year was on January 22 this year. Year of the Rabbit.
The night before, the mall had fireworks which the kids listened to.
Jr. Jr., Jr., Nichole, and I made a trip to Salt Lake City the evening of the New Year while Jeremy made Chinese food for us. We then ate that yummy food for the next few days. 
We went for an event at the Conference Center. It was cold and snowy while we were in Salt Lake City and we walked a lot because I didn't want to pay for parking on a Sunday and I didn't realize how many free spots were closer to our destination. It's been a while since I've been up to Salt Lake City.
Jr. Jr. did get his first ride on TRAX, though.
On a trip to the Orem Library another day, Jet and I saw the dragon the librarians made for the Lunar New Year. Some of the scales had been decorated by children at the library.
Jeremy got to build some balloon sculptures.

We have yet to eat fortune cookies because I keep forgetting to get them out of the pantry. But here are a couple fortunes Jeremy got.

No comments:

Post a Comment