Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Eat Brussels Sprouts Day

Eat Brussels Sprouts Day was January 31. I tried out a new recipe from The Food Nanny. It had a balsamic glaze on it. After roasting the Brussels sprouts and picking at them while making the glaze, I decided (no offense to the Food Nanny), I like it better without the glaze. There was nothing wrong with the glaze, I just preferred how it was before I put the glaze on.
Pick off the old wilted outer leaves, rinse the Brussels sprouts, dry them and cut them in half. Toss them with olive oil, coarse salt, and cracked black pepper. Bake them (cut side down) in a 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Eat them hot/warm. 
Sooo good. That is funny coming from me because I used to hate Brussels sprouts but I really couldn't stop picking at them before I put the glaze on. Now I can't wait to make more.

It was also National Hot Chocolate Day. Several people in the family had hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment