Friday, February 17, 2023

Superb Owl Sunday 2023

February 12 was the Super Bowl. We don't care about football. What we do care about are birds. So a nice relaxing walk around a cemetery is appropriate for Superb Owl Sunday. Last year it was just Jeremy and me. This year we brought along all the kids except Jr. Jet fell asleep on the drive so I stayed in the van while Jeremy, Nichole, Jr. Jr., and Lucky looked for owls and collected owl pellets.
They heard a great horned owl but weren't able to spot it. They still got to hear that superb owl.
When we got home I threw a freezer meal in the instant pot because we were running out of time.
 
Earlier in the day we went to church at my sister's ward. Her daughter is in the same ward and my niece's husband was blessing their new baby and my sister was giving a talk. During Sacrament Meeting, Jeremy, Nichole, and Lucky were all drawing a superb owl- a great gray owl. I won't show you the original picture since it's not ours but here are their "Sunday Sketches."
In order- Jeremy, Nichole, and Lucky.

I accidentally ripped Lucky's picture but you can still see it. Well done, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment