Monday, December 24, 2018

Rad-ish Night

Kristin: You know what would make this salad awesome?  Radishes.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to buy radishes when I was shopping for what was on the menu.  December 23, Radish Night.  On the menu plan- salad with radishes.  I didn't forget the lettuce.  Oh no.  We were good there.  But the radishes?  I didn't even think to buy them.  I was getting lots of things for Christmas dinner and other things, but no radishes.  It didn't even cross my mind to get any.
Oh well.  Salad is great.  Salad is awesome.  Salad is rad.  But that night?  Our salad wasn't completely rad.  It was rad-ish.

Other than our not completely awesome salad (any other day, a radishless salad would be fine, but not on Radish Night), we had a pretty good day. 
We had gotten behind on our Countdown to Christmas scripture study due to illnesses and recovery and life (thankfully we had been reading some Christmas scriptures every night).  So after our beautiful Christmas program for Sacrament Meeting (wow, the music was gorgeous- and not just the choir, though Jr. and I both sang in the choir), and since we only had Sacrament Meeting that day, we had extra time after church.  We decided to catch up on our scripture study but didn't want to burn the kids out so here's what we did:
We gathered together at the table to read a day's worth of scripture study while eating snacks then we set a timer for 10 minutes of free time.  Then we gathered together for another day's worth of scripture study then 10 more minutes of free time.  We kept doing that until we were all caught up.  It worked really well.

I even managed to deliver something to someone in the neighborhood during one of 10 minute breaks.  I made it back before the timer went off.  Oh yeah, I'm awesome.  I even took a few minutes to chat with the person.  Ha Ha.

It was a pretty nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment