Friday, December 7, 2018

Latkes and Dreidel

December 7 is Cotton Candy Day.  Guess what.  Cotton candy is kind of a seasonal treat.  Guess what.  I went to the seasonal section of the grocery store, but no cotton candy.  I guess it has to be that particular season- Summer?  I don't know why.  I mean everyone knows that Cotton Day is in December, don't they?  Don't they?  Sigh.
Don't worry.  I still celebrated.
Look.  Look.  It's a cotton shirt and I put candy on it.  Get it?  Get it?  Cotton shirt?  Candy?  Cotton?  Candy?  Cotton candy.  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.  See?  My kids aren't the only ones who get creative with the celebrating.

While at the grocery store I did pick up potatoes and chocolate coins, though.  You know what that means.  Latkes and dreidel.  Today is one of the days of Hanukkah so Jeremy fried up some latkes (potato pancakes) to eat with sour cream and applesauce (some of the kids ate them with barbecue sauce) and the kids and I played dreidel.
See, kids, this is the danger of gambling.  No one has chocolate coins except Mom and what's in the pot.
And apparently Lucky was planning on crossing the River Styx and even had his payment ready.
It feels good to be celebrating this December since we missed out on a lot last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment