Monday, December 3, 2018

Catching Up on the Last Five Months- 7

Let's talk about November.

Jeremy's dad came to visit for Jr. Jr.'s baptism the beginning of November so he was there for Halloween and for getting together with our upstairs neighbors to make pho.  That was a new experience.  It is a long process but the result is good.  Most of our kids were even willing to try it (and you know how picky our kids are about eating).

I am so proud of Jr. Jr. for choosing to be baptized.  It was such a good choice which will help him in his life.  I'm also grateful for the good friends and family who came to support him that day as well as those who supported him in other ways.

I got really really sick in November.  I can't thank the people in our ward enough for how they took care of the kids and me during that time because Jeremy was out of town. Amazing people.
We missed a lot of potential celebrating because of sickness and recovery (even Pizza with the Works except Anchovies Day on November 12), but we were able to have some more great family time when my niece got married.  That was a long but beautiful day.
Lucky went up with Jeremy and me to the temple and got to play with cousins while Jeremy and I were at the sealing.  My parents made the trip from Oregon with two of my brothers.  It was so good to see them.  After the sealing, Jeremy, Lucky, and I stayed around for pictures then joined everyone for a luncheon.  We went home to eat dinner and gather kids then we all headed to the reception that evening.
My crafting sister made a wedding sign for the couple.  This is my sister who created the vinyl sticker for Jeremy's Polar Express conductor hat.  To see more of her creations, visit her website, Finding Time to Create.

My niece's sister wrote and performed a song for the bride and groom while they danced.  It was beautiful.  They put on a few songs for everyone to get up and dance.  My mom had a lot of fun dancing with Lucky and Jr. Jr. (all the pictures I have of that are all blurry).
I'm proud of my niece and my new nephew for making such good decisions to lead them to each other.  They are a good match.

November 17 was Homemade Bread Day.  Nichole has been making bread lately.  She even learned how to make rolls and she made and brought me some bread when I was getting over my sickness and could do nothing more than lie in bed.  Thoughtful girl.

She also makes pizza dough and learned how to make cinnamon rolls.  Mmmmmm.

Jr. Jr.'s school class presented about different holiday traditions so he brought a small balloon Christmas tree to school and shared how every year we have a balloon Christmas tree in our home.


Jr. and Nichole both got to go on field trips to watch a Utah Symphony concert.  It turns out that while Jr. was there, classes from his old school in Pleasant Grove were there so he got to see friends.  The kids from his old school were lined up and as Jr.'s class went by, he held his hand out and got a lot of high-fives.

We were thankful on Thanksgiving.  Nichole crocheted a turkey (If you give Nichole a medium) with a blindfold so it wouldn't see what was on the table before it.  She filled the turkey with batting and made a vest and pilgrim hat for it to wear so her turkey was "stuffed" and "dressed."  Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Like last year, the day after Thanksgiving, we all went with Jeremy to Vernal where he was twisting balloons for Holly Days.  The kids and I ended up doing a lot of free activities there (but we didn't ride camels this year- the camels were snowed in in Colorado.  Jr. Jr. took it well even though he'd been waiting a whole year to ride the camels because he didn't last year).
We ate french fries and drank water.  The kids got to go in a money machine and see how much they could catch while it was blowing around them.  They each caught some.  Good job kids.  The boys played on the indoor bounce houses.  We had hot chocolate and kettle corn and cotton candy and roasted marshmallows.  We looked at the ice sculptures.  Lucky and Jr. both played on various sized toy vehicles.  Jr. went on the big slide.  Jeremy was given a whole pizza so the kids and I got to have some of it for dinner.  Jr. and Lucky both got to shoot balls out of small air cannons.  Lucky helped Jeremy with balloons.  We watched the light parade.  We rode on the Polar Express mini train.  We watched fire dancers.  The kids helped close Jeremy's line then we all went to a motel to stay the night instead of driving all the way back home in the dark.
 
 

The next morning, we drove to Dinosaur National Monument in Colorado but decided not to drive up the canyon because the road had not been plowed so we made our way home with a few stops along the way.

We got home in time to give all the boys much needed haircuts.  Some of the after pictures didn't turn out so just keep coming back to my blog and you'll be able to see their short hair.

The end of November saw us at the Orem Library again, this time for a concert by the UVU Chamber Choir.  Well done, choir.  The best part was my niece was in the choir.  It was great to get to support her since we didn't go to any of her concerts when she lived in Oregon.  Great job, niece.  This is the same musical niece who wrote that song for her sister and brother-in-law.  She's awesome.

When we got home, Jeremy put on music while the kids were getting ready for bed.  Lucky and I took the chance to do some dancing together.

Wow.  For missing a lot in November, we sure did a lot.

Well, I did it.  I got caught up on our crazy months.  Now to slow down a little (at least on the amount to fit in each post) as we go through December.

No comments:

Post a Comment