Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Day Off

I told you it was crazy busy.  We've been celebrating and I've been taking care of sick kids.  Now I'm blogging.  Here are some more things we've done:
December 11 was International Mountain Day.  We made a mountain of grilled cheese sandwiches and went to see Nichole's orchestra concert.  Nichole took a challenge and practiced her violin every day for 100 days straight and was recognized along with several others during the concert.  She was also awarded a candy bar for her efforts.
Some of her Young Women leaders came to watch the concert to support her, too.  That was very nice of them.

December 13 was Cocoa Day.  We celebrated Cocoa Day (Observed) the next night by having our annual Polar Express Party.  Jeremy was very entertaining with his reading (it wasn't exactly as written), we had cocoa with peppermint ice cream in it and whipped cream on top, and I couldn't stay awake through the whole movie.

If you give Nichole a medium...

December 17 was National Maple Syrup Day.  We ate pancakes with maple syrup.

Other things we've done:
We also celebrated Lucky's birthday.
"Boo hoo.  There's a KAT licking my birthday cake."  
Points to you if you get the reference.

I went with some friends to see a local Christmas village put together by people in our ward.  Wow.  And wow.  They have a whole room the size of a garage with villages on tables along the edges.  Lots of lights.  Different themes.  And a lot of movement.  It's not just a bunch of houses and things that just sit there.  There are amusement park rides that move.  Ice skaters glide over ponds.  It is awesome.
Their outside is just as festive.  I only have a daytime picture.  It's all lit up at night.

I also went to a Relief Society cookie exchange.  I got to sit around eating cookies and chatting with other women.  So nice.  My family was happy when I brought home cookies from it as well.

Then yesterday, I took a day off.  After being up and down all night with a sick child, Jeremy let me sleep in while he got the other kids off to school.  Then he sent me off to go birding for the day while he took care of the sick child.  I needed it.  It was very relaxing.  After doing so much and taking care of so many people, sick or otherwise, it was nice to get out in nature and have some me time. 

After that rejuvenating day, now I can face what needs to be done again.  Thanks again, Jeremy.  You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment