Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Humphrey Bogart's Birthday

December 25 was Humphrey Bogart's birthday.  What better way to celebrate than by opening presents (can you believe I didn't take pictures of present opening?), having a special dinner the night before,
Eating scones with blackberry jam in the morning (Mmmmmmm),
And making gingerbread houses with friends?
I had two 5-year olds helping me.  Can you tell?
Oh, and wasn't it nice of me to make homemade gifts to celebrate his birthday?

I decorated a bowl for Jeremy and this time I traced my hands.  He really likes the one from the kids (I blogged about it the beginning of December).
I made each of the kids a new rice warmer.  They haven't had new ones since Christmas 2013 and eventually the rice warmers broke.  Jeremy's is still fine.  Lucky never got one but has been wanting one.
Unfortunately I didn't make one for myself (even though I also needed a new one) but that problem was solved in the form of angels from our ward.  One of the kids from our Primary class dropped off a rice warmer as a gift the other day.  Hooray.  I kind of claimed it for myself.  I hope the rest of the family doesn't mind.  It smells like mint and makes me think of relaxing with a nice warm cup of herbal tea.  Mmmmm.  Thanks, angels.
And thanks to all the wonderful friends for their kindness this month leading up to celebrating Humphrey Bogart's birthday.  How did you know?

1 comment:

  1. I found out later that the rice warmer we were given as a gift actually has wheat in it. So it's our wheat warmer.

    ReplyDelete