Thursday, December 3, 2015

Serving a Good Cause

This evening, Jr. Jr., Lucky, and I had the opportunity to help some friends out with service they are doing.  This family collects pine cones and acorns, colors them, and turns them into ornaments.  Then they sell the ornaments and use that money to buy toys and clothes which they deliver to a homeless shelter.
They call it the Giving Tree Project.
What a great way to think of others during the holiday season.  When I heard about what they were doing, I wanted to support them.  Wow, I sound like a commercial, don't I?  I could be on the radio.  "When I heard about this cause, I just had to be a part of it.  The Giving Tree Project brought to you by the Weaver brothers... in Utah County."
Anyway, Jr. Jr., Lucky, and I picked up some acorns tonight.  The boys in that family were so good about showing us options of acorns, making sure we knew how many we could get, and thanking us before we left.  What a sweet family.
The ornaments of course won't fit on our Christmas tree, but Jeremy and I talked about giving them to the people we home teach and visit teach.  It's a way for us to give twice.
And hopefully we can have a nice discussion with our children about why we made the decisions we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment