Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lamb & Wool Festival

My allergies weren't as bad today.  Yay.  So while Lucky and I went to a baby shower for my cousin (look, I made her these burp cloths),

Jeremy took the older kids to the Lamb & Wool Festival at Thanksgiving Point Farm Country.
They got to see lots of different animals again (including babies).  They got to watch sheep shearing,
sheep dog demonstrations, 
and see and feel some things that wool can be made into. 

They each got to help make a wool bracelet to take home

and of course they rode the horses and got to go on a wagon ride pulled by a tractor (since it was too windy for the horses that usually pull the wagon).
Those are just some of the things they got to do at Farm Country today.

Since today, April 12, is Look Up At The Sky Day (though some people say April 14- so you could celebrate it either day), and since I was driving in the direction of the airport I got to see airplanes in the air.  As I was driving back, I saw some helicopters flying near the local National Guard training site.


No comments:

Post a Comment