Friday, April 11, 2014

Allergies- Bah

It's Springtime.  One of the things that sometimes comes with Spring- allergies.  Not so fun.  Fortunately, I don't get them as often as some people I know.  I'm sorry, some people I know.  I also didn't grow up with allergies.  The first time I really had seasonal allergies was when I was pregnant with my first child.  Ever since then, I sometimes get them.  Now is one of those times. 
Today was basically a just try to get through and survive kind of day.  The kids were actually pretty good.  They weren't very demanding, they helped with some things.  Because I wasn't feeling all that well, I didn't feel like carrying Lucky around everywhere I went like some times.  Picking him up, putting him down, picking him up, putting him down.  Nichole quite a few times stayed with him so I could get some things I needed.  Thank you, Nichole.
I let myself take a nap while Lucky was having a long nap.  He also let me set him down quite a bit and was content with me lying down and shaking a rattle for him.  Thank you, Lucky.
The older kids helped each other out a lot today, too.  Good kids.  Thank you, kids.
And then bedtime came.  Then came the cries of, "I'm too hot," "Will you fill my water bottle for me?" "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."  That last one was from the 3-year old who would not stay in his bed.  Eventually they all settled down and went to bed.
But most of the day, the kids were helpful.  It probably helped that I let them play Wii and computer games while I rested and later we watched a movie.  That kept them content for a while.
So even though allergies have got me down right now, it's still not that bad.  I let myself rest today, the kids were pretty good, and I don't get allergies too often.
So I have lots to be grateful for.  Including sleep, which is what I'm going to do right now.  Just have to make sure my box of tissues is right next to me.  I'm set.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment