Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Deviled Eggs

The other day, Nichole suggested we have deviled eggs with our dinner today.  This morning as I was getting things ready to boil some eggs, Nichole asked if she could help.  She said she needed to learn these things for when she gets older and goes off to college.  Funny.  I use the same line on the kids when I'm trying to teach them how to do certain cleaning.  Kids do pay attention, don't they?
So I let her turn on the stove, put the eggs and water in the pot, put the lid on when it was boiling, turn off the stove, take the pot off the burner, and set and start the timer.  When it was done, it was about time for her to go to school so I told her about the next step of rinsing the eggs in cold water.  I took care of that part, though, and put the hard-boiled eggs in the fridge.
After school, she was all ready to help again.  The boys helped, too.  We all peeled eggs, Nichole cut the eggs in half then added miracle whip and mustard to the yolks, and she and the boys took turns mashing it all together.  She filled most of the eggs and she and Jr. both sprinkled paprika on the tops of the deviled eggs.

A good skill to learn, I'm glad it worked out today.  Now if I can just convince her to load the dishwasher...

No comments:

Post a Comment