Thursday, October 4, 2012

National Taco Day 2012

Boy, we've had a busy day.  Exploring a new to us park, field trip for Nichole so matching lunch for Jr., work, shopping, homework, Parent-Teacher Conferences, dinner, the kids visiting a friend while Jeremy and I went to Round Table for Scouts, bedtime, and now blogging.

Some highlights:
Highland Glen Park in Highland.  Big pond, lots of trails, playground, picnic tables and BBQ grills, lots of birds, plenty of trees, and so much more.
 click to see bigger

Check out the white duck in the middle of that last picture.  Does that hair remind you of anyone?  "The duck formerly known as..."


To celebrate National Taco Day, October 4, we had... tacos for dinner.  I didn't know about National Taco Day until my mom and dad gave me a list of October holidays yesterday.  Some we already had on our calendar, but some were new to us
.
It was fun to see the different ways each member in our family ate tacos.

Jr. Jr. dumped out his filling and ate the shell. 

Nichole ate hers open side first.

Jr. picked the filling out of his to eat it first before the shell.

Jeremy skipped the taco shell and used tortilla chips to have taco salad.

 I ate my taco from the side.


No matter how you eat it, though, it's great to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention the kids thought it was so fun that they had an uncle who's name rhymed with taco, so they went around singing, "I had a taco, its name was Paco..."
    Jr. Jr. even sang.

    ReplyDelete