Friday, October 19, 2012

Evaluate Your Life Day

At this most recent General Conference, President Monson said the following during the Saturday morning session:
"...take an inventory of your life and look specifically for the blessings, large and small, you have received."
Evaluate Your Life Day, October 19, I thought was the perfect opportunity to do this.  I won't go into too many details as it is a very personal thing.  I will let you know that as I sat down with my husband to do this and to talk about some of our goals for the future, I shed plenty of tears.  There are plenty of things I want to be better at, and there are some goals, both temporal and spiritual, that we want to work for, but we also have been blessed in so many ways.  I can't ignore God's hand in my life.  As President Monson reminded us, "The Lord is in the details of our lives."  It is so true.

I am grateful for my blessings, even some that I don't realize are blessings until later.  I am so grateful for my family, for the experiences we get to go through together, and for the reasons and ways we find to celebrate.  My life is a gift and I can do so much good with it.  I am a daughter of God who loves me and I am of great worth.  I am not perfect, but I am improving.  I feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I am very grateful for my husband who let me take a nap that day, and took care of dinner and the kids. It's great to be able to support each other. We are a blessing to each other.

    ReplyDelete