Monday, April 23, 2012

Yet Another Challenge

You know I like family challenges. In the past I've blogged about some of the challenges we've done.
This month last year we did Turn Off Week.  By the way, it starts again a week from today.  We'll be screen free for a week again.

Toward the end of the year we did the Million Minute Family Challenge.

This last weekend we did our Saturday Challenge to make sure we drank enough water.

Right now through FamilyFun, we're doing their Badges of Fun program, where we do family activities together in a new theme each month to earn "badges" to put on a poster.

Now for a new challenge.

My friend, Serene, joined a group of blogs, The Family Network. They "encourage quality family fun by having monthly family challenges." April's challenge is Get Outside as a Family. Now that is a challenge my family can definitely do.
Because of Park Week last Summer (see my end of July-beginning of August 2011 blog posts), we are familiar with a lot of local parks so when we go out we can decide what type of park we want to go to. "I want to go to a playground where Mom [who is short] can help me across the monkey bars," or "I want to go to a park with enough room to throw a frisbee," or "I want to go to a park where the baby can be asleep in the car because the parking stalls are right next to the playground so I can supervise sleeping baby and older child on the playground at the same time." There are numerous reasons to go to different parks, although we have found some favorites that we keep going back to.
So, back to the "Get Outside as a Family" challenge, we have been getting out to local parks several times this month.  I mentioned some of those times during my Spring Break posts earlier this month.
And while Jeremy and Nichole were doing one of the performances for the "Emotions Are In Motion" dance show, Jr. and I headed to a park across the street from the Covey Center where it was being held for some "Mommy and Me" time.
 
Jr. had some playground play,

Mommy pushed him in the baby swing (the bigger swings were taken) for a loooooong time since there were no interruptions (Jr. Jr. was being watched by our home teachers that night),

and we got some running around and juggling practice time as well.



Then we headed back for the later show.

There's not much left in the month, but I expect we'll have plenty more park playing before April is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment