Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I know I should write some Easter post today as it is Easter. And we had Stake Conference today with some beautiful messages. I could really feel the Spirit. It was a beautiful morning.
So, here's a little about Easter. In our family, we try to separate the spiritual side of Easter from the commercial. We don't do an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday. We do it for Family Home Evening the following week. Since it seems the real meaning of Easter so often gets buried by the commercial part of it, Jeremy wrote a blog post about "Putting Christ in Easter." Check it out.

So, I wasn't actually going to talk about Easter in this blog post, but it kind of worked out. Hooray. I also thought of writing a post later tonight after we had our Easter dinner and watched Easter Bible videos on lds.org. But, something happened that I wanted to share and that's what I was going to blog about. So, here's the original reason for this post:

Jr. Jr. was getting tired. I had him on my lap and he was drinking some milk. After a little bit I could feel him nodding, but he still had the straw in his mouth. When I looked down I realized he was falling asleep while still drinking the milk. It was cute.

So after I put him on my bed to take a nap with the already sleeping Jeremy (we've been so busy the last few days, Jeremy really needed to sleep this afternoon), I decided to write this blog post... about Jr. Jr. But, hey, I'm glad I got to write about Easter as well.

2 comments: