Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Batman Theme Party!!!

It's been a while since we've done a theme party with friends that doesn't revolve around a holiday.  This evening, we had our chance.  We had some friends over to introduce them to Lego Batman for the Wii.  One of them is a big Batman fan so we couldn't pass this up.

Besides playing Lego Batman:

We had decorations up:

The Bat Signal in our window


The Riddler's Wall of Riddles


Harley Quinn's hats

The Penguin's umbrella and top hat

The Scarecrow made an appearance (with a little makeover from Jeremy with a construction paper mouth and eyebrows- it's not nearly as menacing normally)

 Even our computer decided to get in on the celebration with it's desktop background

 Snacks:

 The rest of the bread from the cucumber sandwiches became Wayne Manor's "Upper Crust."

Toys for the kids to play with:
The Batmobile with Joker barrels to knock over

Batman action figures

Batcave balloon pit

And we had Batman themed clothing and accessories:

I pinned this cape up the other day since it was too long for Jr., but he didn't wear it during the party.  It was just hanging by the stairs.  Another decoration, I guess.

Jeremy has this awesome Batman shirt and my sister gave me this pin years ago.

Our friends also brought over the makings for some fabulous yummy pizzas.  I forgot to get pictures of the food, but I piled a plate with leftovers and took a picture of that.  Yummm.

I love theme parties.

3 comments:

  1. You guys don't mess around. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was most awesome and creative, putting all my birthday party ideas to shame. I'll have to check with you before I do any party planning. :)

    ReplyDelete