Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Million Minute Family Challenge

There are times when it is fun to challenge my family. In April of this year, we did a Turnoff Week. I learned about it from FamilyFun Magazine. Recently from FamilyFun Magazine (September 2011), I learned of another challenge:

Million Minute Family Challenge

It's about encouraging families and groups to spend quality time having fun together. You count minutes spent playing non-electronic games with each other, then log them on the website adding to the goal of a million minutes from September through December.

We've been having fun. We like playing board games and card games as a family anyway, but this motivates us to actually do it. I've found so many times that just because I like to do something, I don't always take the time to do it. But our family is doing it this time. We've taken the challenge, registered on the website, set our goal of how many minutes we're going to contribute, got our organization kit in the mail (including some sample games and a magnet to hang our tally sheet on the fridge),

and of course we've been having fun playing a variety of games.


What challenges have you taken to spend quality time with your family?

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea. I might have to check out the site. Basically, I just need to turn off the TV more. We always have fun when we do.

    ReplyDelete