Friday, March 18, 2011

Stone Soup

In the story, "Stone Soup," a town comes together to contribute what little food they individually have in order to feed everyone.
For dinner, we made our own version of stone soup... minus the stone. Jr. helped me chop up vegetables while Nichole was at school. I added ingredients (a little bit of everything) to make a big pot for Jeremy and me before he went to work.


Then I gave Nichole and Jr. each a pot to make their own soup. We read the story while the water heated up



then the kids added ingredients they wanted from what Jr. and I had out on the table. Nichole's soup ended up very simple (no vegetables- I got her to eat some carrot sticks later). Jr. got caught up in the excitement of adding ingredients; he didn't think about actually eating it later (which he didn't eat much).

One of the neat things about this (besides my picky little girl actually eating her dinner) was that we got to try out some of our fresh parsley, oregano, and basil.

Just a little bit, but it's exciting to have them big enough to even use a little.

1 comment: