Thursday, March 31, 2011

Learning a New Skill

Today was the Eiffel Tower's Anniversary (inauguration March 31, 1889). I had some ideas of things to do- build a model out of popsicle sticks, watch the movie Ratatouille. Some times things just don't work out, though. I did succeed in making chicken cordon bleu. And Jeremy checked out Tangled from the library, so the kids got to watch that. I had every intention of making french bread to go along with our chicken cordon bleu, however I chose this day to try out our wheat grinder for the first time instead of just using all Turkey Flour (Lehi Roller Mills' bread flour). It's a hand crank grinder. I had to read the instructions, wipe it down before using it, put the parts together, all to find out that our table is too thick to clamp it to (I'll try it on the counter some time when it's not so messy). So, Jeremy got creative and brought in an old keyboard tray that no longer works on our computer desk, but we still use it for a flat surface for crafts or drawing. Anyway, we clamped it to that and set it on the table.



Of course it would wiggle for a child trying to grind wheat, but I got creative, too.


As you can see, Jr. was very interested in learning this new skill.

Don't you love it when kids want to help out?

No comments:

Post a Comment