Monday, March 7, 2011

Points for Creativity

Today is National Cereal Day.

For breakfast the kids were able to choose from three different kinds of cereal. Later, Jr. wanted to watch a movie but I didn't want him to (especially since he lost the Wii game he was playing earlier from throwing too many tantrums). There are lots of other things to do, I told him. And here's where my sneaky boy got points for creativity. He asked me if he could watch a "cereal" movie. Oooh, that tricky little boy. He'd been paying attention to our celebration discussions. He knew it was cereal day. Yep, I had to go with it. If you can find a movie that has cereal in it, I'll let you watch it, since it goes along with the theme of the holiday. And he did. He picked Muppets from Space which has a scene in it where Gonzo's breakfast cereal is writing messages to him. So, Jr. had another bowl of cereal while he watched the "cereal" movie.

2 comments: