Saturday, September 3, 2022

S'more Reflections

August 30 was Toasted Marshmallow Day. S'mores for after school snack. No complaints.
Then I had to document this because I made a new recipe again for dinner and I want to remember. It was so good, I couldn't stop eating it. We ate Southwest Chicken Skillet from budgetbytes.com along with onion roasted potatoes and veggies with leftover dill dip. Still yumm.
Jr. said the main dish reminded him of the Southwest Chicken Nachos he gets at school and would love it adapted for nachos. Yeah, we can figure that out. I have made Southwest Chicken Stacks before which are basically nachos. Mmm, now I'm craving nachos.

I remember when I first started really cooking back in my college days, I only knew how to follow recipes. No adapting. No throwing together. I was a very picky eater when I was younger. I didn't like onions. I would only eat them on hamburgers and in onion rings. It seemed like all the recipes I had called for onions, though, so I started cooking with onions. And ever since then I've loved onions. 
Ask my kids how many times they've heard, "I used to be picky... and ever since then I've liked..." stories.
When I met Jeremy, he would just throw things together to make something good. Wow. He could follow a recipe, but he could do this other thing, too. Wow. I have obviously learned since then to throw things together and adapt recipes (including leaving onions out, but why would I now? I love onions).
 
So... yeah... anyway... we can figure out Southwest Chicken Nachos for Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment