Thursday, September 1, 2022

Bow Ties and Birthdays

We celebrated Jr.'s birthday in August. We celebrated it on August 28 which is Bow Tie Day. It worked out because Jr. wanted bow tie pasta with chicken and alfredo sauce for his birthday dinner anyway. He also wanted apple slices, carrots with dip, and pineapple pop. If it's not orange it's pineapple in this family.
The dip he wanted was like one he had recently. I don't know what was in that dip so I looked around for dip recipes and found one for vegetable dill dip that I thought I'd take a chance on from Six Sisters' Stuff.
He was pleased with that dip. He said it tasted like the other one and he liked it. Success!
I will definitely make that dip again, though next time I might use a little less seasoned salt. Several of us thought it tasted a little too salty (but who knows? Maybe when I halved the recipe, I accidentally put the normal amount of salt in. I'll have to make it again soon to see).
When planning out cake and ice cream, Jr. asked for his siblings' input. Lucky suggested chocolate ice cream so Jr. asked for Death by Chocolate. Jr. Jr. suggested lemon frosting then Nichole thought of something that would go well with lemon, strawberry cake. So Jr. asked for lemon frosting with strawberry cake. "But make it tall. I don't want a short cake." Get it?
So he got two round cake pans instead of a 9X13 pan. With frosting between the layers of course.
I think he enjoyed his birthday. He ate so much dinner he wasn't sure he felt up to cake and ice cream but later he did, which made some brothers very happy.
Since we weren't sure if we'd do cake and ice cream, we sang to him as we were giving him his present. After we got done singing, he blew out the "candles" on the present. Lit candles and wrapping paper would not be a good combination so I'm glad we got to do the real candles on the cake later and yes, we did sing to him again.
Happy Birthday, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment