Sunday, September 25, 2022

Celebrating During Shelftember

I can celebrate with food even during Shelftember.
September 15 was Double Cheeseburger Day.
It was also Agatha Christie's Birthday so I had some fun chatting on Orem Public Library's Instagram about loving Agatha Christie and book recommendations. (Have I mentioned I love the library and the people who work there?)
 
September 16 was Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day.
Some of our family members don't like raisins so I made one loaf with raisins and one without.
To go along with the bread we had homemade pizza (chicken alfredo pizza with artichoke hearts from the fridge and homemade alfredo sauce and pepperoni and olive pizza), salad that needed to be eaten up, and zucchini brownies (recipe from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again) using shredded zucchini that's been in the freezer for a while.
 
September 17 was Monte Cristo Day.
I will admit, I did spend money on the raspberry jam for the Monte Cristo Sandwiches. I could have used strawberry jam from the fridge, but it just had to be raspberry. We've been saving money on other groceries this month, though.
Jr.'s been reading The Count of Monte Cristo lately. My oldest two have a thing about thick books.

No comments:

Post a Comment