Saturday, September 24, 2022

Parents Day Off

September 14 was National Parents Day Off. My sweetheart and I went on a date... to get gas in the van... and to go bowling. 

That was fun. I don't know that we'd ever gone bowling together before and it had been years since either of us had. 
This is me trying to ask the magic eight bowling ball if I'll knock down the last two pins.
 
And of course for this real date, I wore my Jurassic Park shirt.
I love spending time with my husband.
 
Since it was also National Eat a Hoagie Day, the kids made dinner since it was our day off. They made Chilly Pheesesteaks (because I can't pronounce Philly Cheesesteaks correctly) using some provolone cheese we had in the fridge and some canned roast beef from the pantry (and other seasonings, etc. that we have). I made homemade buns/hoagies the day before so they would have those to work with and we didn't have to buy hoagies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment