Saturday, May 21, 2022

More Potato Days

Just like last year we had a couple of potato days in May
May 17 was National Idaho Day so we had onion roasted potatoes with our dinner.
 
May 18 was Mount St. Helens Day. We had our traditional mashed potato volcanoes with gravy lava, broccoli trees, and "those poor people" raisins. While I made the mashed potatoes and Nichole made the gravy, we talked about how the gravy could be lahar instead. Mount St. Helens definitely had those mudflows. 
While we were eating dinner, one of the kids was having trouble with his mashed potatoes. I told him to pile them up then make ridges down the sides and say, "This means something." He didn't know the reference. I went over and helped him make his mashed potatoes into a volcano with a crater then he put the gravy in it and took pictures.

We sent the kids to bed that night then Jeremy and I watched Dante's Peak. I haven't seen that in a while. It was fun to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment