Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning

March 20, the Vernal Equinox, the first day of Spring. And boy have we done Spring cleaning.
I mentioned in my Leap Year post that we have been organizing, organizing, organizing. I mentioned in my St. Patrick's Day post that we couldn't use the living room for the leprechaun trap.

This is what it looked like this weekend:
We emptied our storage closet so we could sort through crates and crates and crates.

And this is what it looked like today:

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased. Our bedroom looks just as good. And Jeremy's office. All at the same time. Definitely a reason to celebrate.
And since March 20 is also National Snowman Burning Day, we used what we had on hand to make a marshmallow snowman for a treat.
Three jumbo marshmallows on a skewer. M&M buttons, chocolate chip mouth and eyes, fruit roll-up scarf, and round cracker hat. I figure if someone was in an area where the weather was good for roasting marshmallows over a campfire (not in Utah right now), they could catch this little guy on fire and... National Snowman Burning Day.

Yeah, I've been kind of focused on the organizing lately. I haven't put a lot of effort into the holidays. But Jr. insisted on making the marshmallow snowman for this holiday. So, there you go.

2 comments:

  1. I love the French snowman with the scarf and beret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you reminded me that I need to spring clean. Darn it! :)

    ReplyDelete