Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Singing in the Rain

Today is the 60th anniversary of the New York premiere of "Singing in the Rain." Yep, March 27, 1952- March 27, 2012.
Our original plan to celebrate (if it didn't rain, which it didn't), was for Jeremy to spray a hose above me while I was under an umbrella. For photos for the blog, you know. Unfortunately, Jeremy wasn't feeling very well today and this is what we ended up doing:

Jr. and I watched the movie and during the singing in the rain scene, I got pictures of Jr. with an umbrella.
He chose the big umbrella.

Then we went outside and got more pictures because there was more room for him to dance around. He enjoyed that.



It's a good thing we did this because we were too busy to celebrate National Open an Umbrella Indoors Day on March 13, so we got our open umbrella indoors pictures today. Wow, that's a mouthful.

Once again celebrating can be very simple, but I love finding reasons to celebrate.

6 comments:

  1. It's true, I was feeling under the weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing there wasn't any wind. Otherwise you'd have to change movies........Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom says that she can hear Gene Kelly singing during Joshua's cool moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could, too. Mainly because we had the movie playing in the background during some of it. ;)

      Delete