Monday, March 12, 2012

Plant a Flower Day 2012


Plant a Flower Day, March 12. I didn't get around to planting new seeds, but Jeremy brought home a larger pot for me to transplant my mini rose plant he got me for Valentine's Day.

Except I'm going to wait a few days. This morning I looked at the rose plant and saw all these teeny tiny little spiders (I'm assuming they were spiders, they were climbing all over little webs). They were so cute, must be new babies. But... I do not want dozens of spiders running around my home, so they had to leave. I took the rose out and took a hose to it. Ran a lot of water over that plant. From all different angles, side, top, upside down. Bye Bye, spiders. I've decided to give it a few days and keep my eye on it. I found several more spiders throughout the day so I got rid of what I found. I'll give it a few days to see if I need to take the hose to it again, or if I can get rid of the rest one by one.
Anyone have any tips for this type of thing?

Anyway, so I'll transplant my mini rose later. Thank you, Jeremy, for getting me the pot... and the flowers.

1 comment:

  1. I should plant some flowers this year. Lets hope my black thumb has gotten better. :)

    ReplyDelete