Monday, March 26, 2012

Make Up Your Own Holiday Day 2012

I mentioned before that we already made up our own holiday for February 24. Adopt a Balloon Animal Day.
Today, March 26, is the official Make Up Your Own Holiday Day. We really got into this one. Instead of making up just one holiday, we turned everything we did into a "holiday."
Some of the "holidays" we made up sound like some of the real holidays out there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them actually did turn out to be holidays that someone somewhere celebrates.
You can also see the progression of our day. It started out as an okay day, but didn't turn out to be the best day by the end. Oh well. Some days you just have to say, "I'll try again tomorrow." That was today.

Here's our list of holidays we "celebrated" today:

Pinewood Preparation Day
(Jeremy's building balloon trophies for all the participants of our ward's Pinewood Derby)


Wear an Apron Day


Make up Your Own Spelling Day
(According to Jr., sold is spelled s-l-d-l-e)

Wash your Dishes Day


Distract Your Mother Day
(Jeremy: We have an awesome family.
Kristin: Stop distracting me, awesome family.
Jeremy: National Distract Your Mother Day!)

Praise your child day

Fight with Your Kids Day

Get away from your Kids Day

Dance on the Ceiling Day


Go for a Drive day

Weird Weather Day
(We had rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind, fog, and sunshine)

Put Your Life on Hold Day


Read Other People's Blogs Day

Try Out Some New Gear Day


Stuff your Face Day


Dance like a Maniac Day


Take Over the Computer Day


Sole Searching Day
(The kids needed new shoes so we went shoe shopping)


Make up Your Own Story from a Magazine Advertisement Day


Sing at the Dinner Table Day


Shhh Day


Make up a New Game Day


Sarcasm Day

Stalling Before Bed Day


Zombie Apocalypse Day


My Life's Not That Bad Day

Indignance Day

Slam the Door in Mom's Face Day


Make Somebody Think You're Someone Else Day
(Jr.: You do it like this, Mom.
Knock Knock Knock.
Jr.: Nichole, it's me, Jr. I need to talk to you.
Then when you open the door, she'll see it's you)


Hit Dad with a Monkey Day


One of Those Days Day

Wear a Hat Day


Jump in Somebody's Picture Day


Peek-A-Boo Day


"Would You Go To Bed Already?" Day

Take a Random Picture with Someone Else's Camera Day


The Kids and I Survived the Day Day

I'll Try Again Tomorrow Day

3 comments:

  1. This isn't original but I still like Forgive Your Parents Day.
    And Mom says she loves all the funny pictures of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of my favorite posts of yours. So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post, but the last picture has to be my favorite, because I feel like that almost every night. :)

    ReplyDelete