Monday, August 9, 2010

State Welcome Signs

Remember last year when we went to Las Vegas? I took pictures of the State Welcome signs as we were driving. I thought it would be fun to do that on this trip to the Pacific Northwest as we would go through a few states. So here's what I got pictures of.
I was all set for going from Utah into Idaho, had the camera ready, and got this picture.

I was getting ready for going from Idaho to Oregon. I knew where the border was and leaned down to get the camera. As I was turning it on I noticed the Welcome sign and barely missed it as we passed.

Heading from Oregon into Washington I was all set but took the picture through the front windshield. Unfortunately the camera didn't focus on the sign but a squished bug instead.

I found that one really funny since I had the sign framed in there well, it just didn't focus on it, but focused on the bug really well.
After Washington, heading back into Oregon, we crossed the border but couldn't find the welcome sign anywhere. Then I saw a little green sign on the left of the road saying something like "Entering Oregon." So I tried to snap a picture of that (not thinking it was very welcoming), but the GPS was in the way.

Then I noticed the Welcome sign for Oregon on the right, but couldn't find it on the screen of the camera to get the picture. Grrrr.

I drove passing from Oregon into Idaho and Idaho into Utah so we didn't get any pictures of those Welcome signs. I just thought it was funny how the pictures turned out this time and thought it would make a good blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment