Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ballerina Birthday

While in Washington, we celebrated Nichole's birthday. She was able to have all of her cousins and aunts and uncles there- and Grandma and Grandpa of course. This trip was the first time in six years that Jeremy's brothers and sister and families were able to be together. It was fun.
Nichole decided earlier this year that she was interested in ballet and ballerinas. A wonderful lady at the library introduced her to Angelina Ballerina books, which we check out every time we go to the library now.
My sister-in-law and I put up decorations for the party

and my sister-in-law created a lovely birthday throne for Nichole out of a lawn chair. Nichole thought that was the greatest thing. That was her chair.

Daddy made balloon animals for all the kids,

and when it was time, he brought out a special balloon sculpture for Nichole- Angelina Ballerina.

My mother-in-law took a plain white cake and decorated it with a birthday message and a picture of Angelina Ballerina on it.

After eating and presents, music from the Nutcracker Suite was put on, and the littlest kids showed off their dance moves.

I have talented in-laws. I love being part of that family.

2 comments:

  1. That is one awesome birthday party! And yes, they are cool in-laws. Those Telfords are great people. How fun to have all of them together. I am a little jealous. I haven't seen some of those cousins in over 16 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, you never cease to amaze us with your creations. Love the party ideas!

    ReplyDelete