Wednesday, September 16, 2026

September Begins

September 1 was Johann Pachelbel's Birthday. Jet and I watched The Piano Guys "Rockelbel's Canon." Later, Jr. and Lucky did a little Canon in D on the bass.

September 2 was National Blueberry Popsicle Day. We have frozen blueberries. We have otter pops. Jet was trying to figure out how we could get the blueberries combined with the popsicles by putting them inside the wrappers. Ugh. I let him know it would be too messy... and sticky. 
 
September 3 was Skyscraper Day. We didn't put a lot of effort into it but we made a little skyscraper out of graham crackers and frosting. And since skyscrapers are tall, Jet and I talked about words that rhyme with tall. That came from the "Daily Fun With Your Little One!" calendar from Orem Library.

September 4 was Lazy Mom's Day. I was not lazy this year. I was so busy running errands and cleaning, etc. The kids did make dinner, though, and Jr. made no bake cookies for Eat an Extra Dessert Day.
Since it was National Wildlife Day, a few of us went up Kyhv Peak Road to see... turkey vultures... a kettle of turkey vultures. That way we also celebrated Turkey Vulture Day (observed) which was the next day, September 5.
Besides Turkey Vulture Day, September 5 was Be Late for Something Day. We were so late for an event (van troubles) that we didn't make it at all. I was sad. It was a potluck, too, so I ended up having to make dinner. I made salad with some of our garden veggies and bacon for International Bacon Day.
It was World Beard Day so Jr. showed me that he celebrated.
We started watching Seeking Persephone because I missed my monthly watching of it in August. I figured I was being late for something by watching it that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment