Friday, September 25, 2026

Parents Day Off? Ha!

September 14 was Parents Day Off. Ha! Too much to do. I even made dinner even though the menu plan said FFY (Fend For Yourself). And Jeremy had to go to work.
I did go for a walk that morning, though.
 
We needed some necessities so among my other errands that day, I went to Costco and bought flour tortillas. I spent a lot less than I normally would at Costco. #shelftember
With the flour tortillas I bought at Costco, I made fajitas with...
green bell peppers and yellow banana peppers from our garden, onions from the shelf, chicken from the freezer, fajita seasoning from the pantry, and sour cream from the fridge for those who wanted sour cream. 

Another errand I went on was to the library to check out a bunch of Terry Pratchett books that all reference a certain card game that some family members wanted to play. It helped for our literacy activity that night. Still going strong following Shadow Mountain Publishing adult and children's calendars for National Literacy Month.
 
September 14 Ready poetry or essays
Have a family reading night
 
Jeremy read us a passage from one of the books that talks about the game, Cripple Mr. Onion, then we played it.  
That was our Family Home Evening activity. Our treat was ice cream. Jet is so independent... sometimes (sometimes when I don't want him to be). He wanted to dish out the ice cream. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment