Thursday, September 17, 2026

Seeking Persephone, the Book

Let's talk about Seeking Persephone. I've mentioned over and over that I love the movie. Before I loved the movie, I loved the book.
I read it for the first time many years ago before the concept of a movie for it was even a thing. 
It is, as Sarah Eden describes it, the story of Hades and Persephone set in Regency England. It's got a little bit of Beauty and the Beast vibes, and that happens to be my favorite fairy tale.
It's the story of a woman, Persephone Lancaster, who marries Adam, the Duke of Kielder, to save her family from financial ruin. The duke of Kielder needs a bride to keep his distant relative from inheriting his estate. As the two navigate this new situation that is their marriage, they learn more about one another and learn to love each other wholeheartedly.
I love the sweet clean love story that it is. I love how the two main characters learn to complement each other as they meet different adversities together. I do love supporting characters in the book, who make appearances throughout other books in the series (and related series), sometimes having their own stories.
I definitely recommend this book and of course the movie that follows the book so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment