September 19 was International Talk Like a Pirate Day. We love that holiday.
The day started off with me finishing the audiobook of Wendy's Ever After by Julie Wright. Definitely pirates in that book.
Then the three oldest, my husband, and I watched a little bit of Pirates of the Caribbean movie until the younger kids woke up and we turned it off. I did wear my pirate ship necklace, though. And the lipstick color I put on was called Rum. Hee hee hee.
Some kids set the language to "Pirate" on Minecraft while they were playing.
We continued with National Literacy Month using Shadow Mountain Publishing's calendars of literacy activities (adult and children's calendars).
Donate a book
I continued my rereading of A Lady's Guide to Love and Pirates by Jennifer Moore.
While I was out running errands, I listened to the soundtrack of Muppet Treasure Island.
For dinner I told a story about a pirate ship carrying dinosaurs. Then giant squid pup monsters came from the sea and attacked, wrapping around the dinosaurs. There was red fluid everywhere.
One of my dinosaurs got away and my youngest let me know two of his pteranodons attacked and pulled a squid pup.
After dinner a few of us followed the youngest on a treasure hunt with a treasure map he painted. We followed it to where "X marks the spot." We uncovered a treasure chest (mini cooler) filled with treasure. Donettes!
We had fun celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's nice we had more time that day since it was a Saturday so we were able to do some things we don't always get to.

No comments:
Post a Comment