Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Snow Squall in Pictures

We got a snow squall warning on our phones and such yesterday. I had to ask, "What is a snow squall?" Jr. let me know it's basically a mini blizzard. Jeremy was driving home in low visibility but it gradually cleared and was pretty good from the point of the mountain until home.
I took pictures to show how fast it came and went at home.
 
6:24pm It was clear. It made me wonder if we would actually get anything. My niece's ward canceled FHE for the college students because of the warning and her friend stayed for dinner and FHE at my sister's house to ride it out.

6:55pm Here it comes. Wow. Look at the change in the sky from half an hour ago.

7:09pm Just about 15 minutes later. Whoa. Quite a bit coming down now and sticking.

7:28pm Gentle flakes coming down now.

7:52pm Less than half an hour later and the snowman is up. I guess that's a good indication that we shouldn't expect anything worse. Jr. said the snowman unmelted.

We didn't get too low of visibility at home. But we got a lot of snow in a short amount of time. A snow squall.


No comments:

Post a Comment