Saturday, December 18, 2021

Caroling Elf

December 18 is Answer the Phone Like Buddy the Elf Day. While I was out running errands I had to call the kids. When Nichole answered with a normal greeting I reminded her that's not how Buddy would answer the phone and she fixed it for me. The kids watched the movie, "Elf," and we ate spaghetti with spaghetti sauce and syrup again like last year.

Something else Buddy shares in the movie is, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear." Light The World for today is "Songs Worth Sharing," singing together with loved ones. So after our advent scripture study, we sang, "Angels We Have Heard on High" as a family.

It's funny because when we were all sick with our coughs we didn't sing much together because we couldn't so it was really nice to have us all sharing this hymn. I really love music. And I love the messages of Christmas that can be shared through music. I loved having that feeling in our home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment