Thursday, December 9, 2021

National Brownie Day 2021

Jr. asked what to have for after school snack. I told him to make brownies. December 8 was National Brownie Day. A little while later he came to me and said, "I think I may have put too much flour in the brownies. What do I do?" I told him I'd come look. By the time I got out there, he said he'd added a little more milk and that helped. I mentioned that besides being National Brownie Day, it was also Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day. Jr. said, "I wish I could travel back in time to fix the brownies." 

The brownies turned out fine and Jr. Jr. and Lucky took some to an activity they had that evening. 

And brought back even more treats.

Light the World, "Full Attention," that day encouraged us to really listen and give attention to those talking to us. After a rough start in the morning, and some apologizing and forgiving, we had some pretty good talks later. I really put effort into that for my kids that day. Lucky came up to me at one point while I was trying to get something out of the freezer and said, "Mom, talk to me. I need to look in your eyes while you're talking." It was hard to get what I was looking for in the freezer when Lucky wanted to look in my eyes and I didn't have something I needed to say right then. It was funny but hey, he was trying. He's so cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment