Saturday, July 3, 2021

Did We Celebrate That?

Sometimes I take pictures of our celebrations and sometimes I don't. Then if I don't write anything down about it and I'm too busy to blog until much later, I don't remember if we actually went through with our plans. Oh well. Here are some things in June we may or may not have celebrated.

Saturday, June 5, was Veggie Burger Day. We had plans to make black bean burgers and I think we did because I remember there being cut up lettuce and onion and tomatoes in the fridge. I think it happened on that day. Maybe.

Monday, June 7, was Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Jeremy brought home chocolate ice cream but I don't think we had any that day. I know we had some the next day.

Wednesday, June 9, was Johnny Depp's Birthday. I do know that while the older kids were gone, Jr. Jr. and Lucky got to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Jeremy also gave them treats. Things were too busy that night so the older kids had to wait until later to watch one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Thursday, June 10, was Black Cow Day. The kids had root beer floats and I had ice cream with chocolate syrup in it. I don't know why I did that. I must have had a reason at the time. It was also Egg Roll Day. We had egg rolls a couple times in May/June. I don't remember if that was one of them.

Friday, June 11, was King Kamehameha I Day. We ate Hawaiian haystacks.

Sunday, June 13, was Kitchen Klutzes of America Day. The kids made dinner. They helped each other make sloppy joes and pull-apart bread. Anything else? Apparently Nichole had a root beer float according to the picture. Did other people? Who knows?


Monday, June 14, was Flag Day. It was also Pop Goes the Weasel Day. We drank soda pop and went to the park. I tried to get a picture of the kids with the flag like I did on Memorial Day. I tried.

Tuesday, June 15, was Nature Photography Day. We went to a park. Nichole didn't get as many pictures of birds as she wanted but there were lots of bugs and plants.

Wednesday, June 16, was Captain Picard Day. We decided to have cream soda and ginger ale because we wouldn't have anything to do with Romulan Ale. Lucky accidentally spilled mustard on "Daddy" so I put him through the wash a couple times. His head came out like Captain Picard's. 

Thursday, June 17, was Apple Strudel Day. I was going to make apple strudel. I didn't.

Friday, June 18, was National Splurge Day so we had Winco pizza and I made cherry cheesecake from a box again.

Saturday, June 19, was Garfield the Cat Day. I had good intentions to make lasagna. I didn't. Jeremy reassured me by saying, "It makes more sense that we didn't have lasagna. Garfield would have eaten it all."

We may or may not have celebrated other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment