Thursday, July 29, 2021

Moon Day 2021

We go to a lot of different parks. I realized that on this blog, I often say, "the park," or "a local park," but maybe I should say specifically which parks we go to as someone might like to know that information. I'll try to remember. Here goes.
July 20 was Moon Day. The kids and I went to Nielsen's Grove Park
While we were there I was thinking back to a long time ago when we went to the same park for Moon Day. It was 2011 (wow, that was 10 years ago) and the kids played astronaut tag. I tried to convince the kids this year to play astronaut tag for nostalgia purposes but Jr. explained how actually on the moon we wouldn't move like that but refused to let me take a picture of him demonstrating. Sigh.
Then I tried to get the kids to show me what it would be like if they were feeding the ducks like it would be on the moon. No takers there, either.
Eventually I turned to Nichole.
Me: What would you do if you were on the moon?
Nichole: Suffocate.
Well, that ended me trying to get them to do "astronaut stuff" for pictures.
We did have fun at the park, though some of them forgot to bring water bottles and apparently being overly dramatic about that is fun. I was able to get them some water when we got back to the van. And dad surprised them with woo-woo (milkshakes) when we got home.

We ate astronaut sandwiches later. Apparently I used to call them space sandwiches then started calling them astronaut sandwiches so either name works.

No comments:

Post a Comment