Thursday, August 27, 2020

What They Missed- August 15

Saturday, August 15-
I got a decent amount of dishes washed.
We went out for a drive. I originally planned to recycle glass but I forgot to put it in the van so we drove around for a while. At one point I stopped at a trailhead for the Murdock Canal Trail and asked if the boys wanted to get out and walk or just head home. Lucky wanted to walk and Jr. Jr. wanted to just go home. I suggested a compromise. What if we headed toward home then go on just a short walk at a place closer to home. They agreed.
We stopped at the elementary school and walked to where the boys would be lining up before school. It was sunny.

When we got home, the boys put away the dishes. They asked to use the phone.
Jr. Jr.: We're just taking pictures of my beautiful tower creations.
Lucky made some, too.
 
I mixed potato, green beans, and beef together to give Jet kind of a shepherd's pie. He was not a fan.
This is the same picture from the day before but it's worth repeating since he made the same face when I tried to feed him that food.

It was National Relaxation Day and at one point, Lucky said to me, "Playing games is relaxing for me."

We fed the birds and refilled a feeder we hadn't before.

When heading back, there was a trail of ants on the sidewalk. Lucky and Jr. Jr. were having fun hopping over them.
Lucky: Mom, how are you going to get over the ants? Because you're a mom and moms don't jump very good.

So I told Jr. Jr. to get pictures of me jumping over the ants.
I also decided to take a picture myself.

Later, after Lucky was done buttering a bagel-
Lucky: Can you put away the butter for me, please?
Mom: Yes. I appreciate your good manners.
Lucky: I learned it from you, Mom.
Mom: Aww. I'm glad you learned something good from me.

Lucky helped with dishes, Jet, and getting Jr. Jr.'s blanket.

That night Jeremy and I texted.
Jeremy: I miss you.
Kristin:
Does that help?

No comments:

Post a Comment