Friday, August 28, 2020

What They Missed- August 16

Sunday- August 16
I woke to the sound of a child throwing up. Poor kid. I don't know if it was the heat, not eating enough, too much screen time on his device, a stomach bug (from where I don't know), or what. Did the poor kid stay up too late the night before? Lack of sleep makes me sick to my stomach sometimes.
We missed Music & the Spoken Word. I didn't want to disturb the sleeping child. We watched it on YouTube later.
Lucky was a huge help with Jet, getting things for Jr. Jr., setting up TV/movies for a distraction for the sick kid, being Jr. Jr.'s scribe when Jr. Jr. wanted to type on the computer but I wouldn't let him because I didn't want him getting his germs on the keyboard, and watering the dying/dead zucchini plants.

We watched The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and talked about the symbolism of the Atonement. We also likened it to the stripling warriors who were young but were asked to fight on God's side and how youth nowadays are also asked to fight on God's side, not with swords but with their testimonies.
The sick child was up and moving around and enthusiastic while talking with his brother by the end of the day. He had no problem with the food he ate or what he drank. Phew. He also felt up to going out to feed the birds. By the time Jet and I got up there, the boys had already finished. They were quick.
We added some orange halves and called it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment