Monday, December 4, 2023

Happy Anniversary... Months Later

We weren't able to do something extra special on or near our anniversary this year (though having our traditional anniversary dinner with our children is always special) so one day in August, Jeremy surprised me with our anniversary celebration. He took care of all the arrangements with the kids and did a good job making it a surprise. I had no idea.

He gently woke me up early that morning, had my clothes picked out for me to wear (it was a date, so of course he had my Jurassic Park shirt ready). He made me an omelette. I love his omelettes. 
Then he drove us up Nebo Loop to one of our favorite birding spots up there.
We enjoyed a relaxing time there and I got my target life bird- red crossbill. There were four or five of those. Yippee! 
We also had some nice closeups of other birds and critters.
There was a red breasted nuthatch that kept landing on branches right above our heads. Right above us. That was wonderful.
After we had a few hours of birding in that spot, we went up to Devil's Kitchen to picnic and enjoy the view. Jeremy surprised me again with our picnic food. Winco salads (it's our traditional date food, like my Jurassic Park shirt is my date shirt) and sodas in plastic goblets like we used for our anniversary picnic last year.
After Devil's Kitchen we headed to the Orem Library to do some writing/blogging. Sweet Jeremy, kept nodding off (he got up really early to make me that omelette) so we finally headed out to eat at Cafe Rio. Yumm.
Then we went home to take a nap because we were both exhausted. 
We woke up later and gathered the children to go out for a late night meteor shower. They didn't take a nap so were all tired while we were out there.
That was a great way to end a wonderful anniversary celebration. Thank you, Jeremy, for the sweet memories and for being the best husband I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment