Monday, August 24, 2015

Vivitrivius Day

The kids knew that August 24 was National Waffle Day and also Vesuvius Day.  Nichole knew that Vesuvius was the volcano that destroyed Pompeii.  She just couldn't remember that it was called Vesuvius.  So several times in the morning and afternoon she would mention that it was Vivitrivius Day.  No.  Vesuvius Day.  It was pretty funny.  Vesuvius seems easier to say or remember than Vivitrivius, but no, that's what she would remember.  It was funny.
So for dinner we had waffles
and Nichole enjoyed pouring the syrup as if it was lava from a volcano.
I have plans to celebrate for after the kids go to bed.  I want to watch the Doctor Who episode about Pompeii.  I guess it all depends on how long it takes to get them to bed tonight.  Sigh.  I know I'm not the only one with bedtime battles.  But I've resolved not to blow like Vesuvius today.  So far I've done well.  I hope I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment